Monday, February 27, 2006

Stepping into WOW training and internship

I am very fortunate for being accepted to the WOW training and internship. As a postgraduate whose been job hunting, it is a relief to finally be in a programme that is so well- structured and caters for my needs.
The introduction kick started with a serious and welcoming tone. The meeting with Lesley shook me and made me aware of the reality of the program. Although I thought she might have been too serious when asking us for specific times to call us, I was nonetheless pleased with the level of professionalisms and the fact that we will be getting honest feedback.

As someone whose been trying to get into the job market, I cannot emphasise the importance of getting feedback from potential job providers. By discussing the job seeker’s strengths and weaknesses, will help in improving their job-hunting skills.

Having been through the introduction, I find myself anticipating with anxiety each day. I am conscious of the shift to a new schedule. Each day I get concerned about my potential host organisation, the nature of work I will be given and whether my performance will meet my employer’s expectations. I often wonder about whether the organisational culture will be stimulating enough for an intern. It is a known fact that organisations differ in terms of rules, procedures, objectives etc. As a potential intern, I would have to comply with those restricted regulations.
I have already come into terms with maintaining a good attitude, appearance, ethics and be complying with the internship expectations. While at the same time I am aiming to be responsible and committed to the training and internship experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roy Blumenthal said...

Hullo Mpho...

Congrats on starting your blog. I'm looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

Please add some posts to your blog about your field of expertise.

Blue skies
love
Roy

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home